Wednesday, April 26, 2006

 

Coffee Talk

I have found as I get older that it has become more difficult to make new friends. I believe people, in general, may be less open to new friendships as they leave their 20s. After all, the teens and 20s are all about meeting new people, making new relationships. By the time people get to their 30s, 40s, 50s on up, their focus has changed. Making and maintaining frienships are probably not the focus, instead family and career have taken center stage.

Which is why when I received a letter from Michele, owner of Feedback the Amazon that I e-mailed her back and we made a date to meet for coffee. After all, we both had pet birds, we were both involved in the avian community -- chances were that we'd have a good time. And we did. I know I talked a lot. I love to talk about the avian community. I get to talk about it at work, but we are always on deadline. My fiance just doesn't find it as interesting. I find it fascinating from a business, personal and community perspective.

I won't write here about Michelle specifically, as she may not appreciate my thoughts and conversation with her being put on a blog. But I just wanted to say that I was happy that I took the time to meet her. It was fun. Since our pet of choice is such a flock creature, it stands that pet bird owners should be flock creatures too.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?